Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Starting over...again

I am competitive. I am a perfectionist.

Is this a bad thing? I don't think so but it does cause a lot of undue stress in my life.

I use to blog at another site. When I first started out, I tried blogging information that I thought would be useful to others. I enjoyed getting comments on how said info was appreciated. Well those comment numbers started ruling my blogging experience. I would log on faithfully everyday... ok, 50 times a day, to see how that little number would grow. I would be crushed if the number was low. I felt like I must have done something wrong. So then I started concentrating on the blog's appearance. I had the cutest backgrounds, just the right colors, cute blinkies and of course the perfect fonts. I was basically obsessed with all things "bloggy". Somewhere along the line I lost the joy of just simply writing down my thoughts. MY blog had somehow become the property of others.

So here I sit... pondering how to not let the ugly head of competitive perfection rear itself.

I keep seeing the Nike commerical pop into my head... "Just Do It"...

I CAN do it... I WILL do it...

lol

No comments: